Since our founding in 1905 as the Glendale Sanitarium, countless patients have entrusted our physicians, nurses and associates with their healthcare needs. Today, we are the largest medical center serving the San Fernando Valley. As we continue to grow and evolve to better meet the needs of the communities we serve, we know that exceptional healthcare is more than medicine. It’s about how we choose to care for our patients and each other - taking time to listen, to understand, to answer questions, to hold a hand, even to pray. This is who we are, who we have always been - it is what we do best. In the 2019-20 Regional Rankings List by U.S. News & World Report, Adventist Health Glendale (AHGL) ranked #17 in California and #10 in the LA Metro Area. Adventist Health Glendale also received its 11th consecutive A grade from patient safety organization The Leapfrog Group, the only hospital in Glendale or Burbank to receive the top grade.
Plans and conducts segments of treatment programs designed to restore and improve physical, social and mental functions, while meeting department objectives. Serves as co-leader in interdisciplinary approach to patient groups.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor’s): Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Work Authorization letter from National Board: Required
- Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice: Required (within 90 days of hire)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS OR HS-BLS OR RQIBLS) certification: Required
- Physical Therapist (PT): Required
- Completes evaluations to ensure quality standards and addresses assessment areas that require attention. Uses appropriate clinical techniques and tools and establishes individualized treatment plans for patients.
- Provides therapy interventions using appropriate treatment protocols and techniques. Establishes individualized care and discharge plans and ensures plans are communicated to appropriate parties.
- Completes comprehensive and accurate clinical documentation within established deadlines.
- Supervises assigned assistants.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.