Are you looking to join an established and growing Ohio based company?
Are you looking for the next career challenge?
Discount Drug Mart, Inc., an Ohio-based drug store chain, opened its first store in Elyria, Ohio in 1969. Gradually, we expanded throughout Northern Ohio and into central and southern Ohio with over 70 store locations and more growth planned. Our corporate headquarters and distribution center are located in Medina, Ohio. Our strategy of consistent and controlled growth has made us a dynamic, financially stable company and the leading regional drug store chain. Due to our continued growth, we have an excellent career opportunity for a Discharge Facilitator for our Hastings Home Health care division to travel between various hospitals/medical centers in the Cleveland/Akron/Canton areas.The Discharge Facilitator obtains orders from the patients' physician to begin the smooth transition from the hospital environment to the home setting.
Qualifications/Experience for Discharge Facilitator:
- The Discharge Facilitator is responsible to gather information of new referrals, identify Home Medical Equipment needs of patients, obtain orders from the patients' physician, and to begin the smooth transition from the hospital environment to the home setting.
- Builds relationships within the hospital. Receives referral from the hospital case managers for Home Medical Equipment.
- Provides education and training of Home Medical Equipment to the patient/family/caregiver while still in the hospital prior to discharge.
- Reviews the patients' chart to obtain demographic, insurance and relevant clinical information.
- Coordinates with the company the delivery and start of service of Durable Medical Equipment that will be delivered and set-up at patient's homes.
- Submits completed care documents to the care record in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to immediate supervisor in a timely manner any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Knowledge of Home Medical Equipment, power mobility, enteral and respiratory equipment and supplies.
- Must have well-developed organizational skills with a positive attitude.
- Must have the ability to independently within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a working knowledge of current home medical equipment products, services and payor source guidelines.
- Normal physical activities associated with a hospital environment including standing, walking, delivering equipment, moving and setting up of equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Must have an Associates degree, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must have a Valid Driver's License.
- Must have dependable transportation
- Must be able to obtain appropriate State of Ohio Licensures.
- Must have Durable Medical Equipment, Home Care or Healthcare experience preferred.
We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Paid vacation
- 401K Plan with excellent company matching contribution
- Store discount
- Advancement opportunities
- Fun, friendly TEAM work environment
Discount Drug Mart is a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare: 2 years (Required)
- Cleveland, OH (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)