We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Junior Business Analyst - Quality Assurance (QA) Consultant to join our team in Northern Virginia and at the client location in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Unisys is a member of a Team assisting a Program Management Office (PMO) that supports a large-scale system modernization effort that uses Agile methodologies, coordinates and monitors performance across multiple contractor development teams, manages business and functional requirements, reviews/consolidates System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) documentation, facilitates Agency-wide SELC gates (e.g., Release Planning Review, Release Readiness Review, etc.), interprets Agency implementation of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SELC guidance/directives/templates, manages program risks and issues as well as several other functions. The system modernization that our PMO oversees is called “Pivot.”
As the Pivot system gets closer to Full Operating Capability (FOC) in Summer 2019, our team needs someone to assist day-to-day PMO operations like finding conference rooms for meetings and taking meeting minutes as well as assisting with the quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) of documents. This role will also include helping our client to track and manage all the software licenses associated with the Pivot system (vendor, cost, expirations, etc.). The successful candidate will work with our client and other members of our PMO to set-up and facilitate meetings, prepare meeting agendas, produce status reports, document project risks, and produce thorough meeting minutes. As needed, this role will also support ad-hoc requests, on-boarding processes, and administrative tasks like monitoring the completion of tasks by other team members.
This is a customer-facing role that requires strong communication skills and proactiveness. Our team is co-located with the customer and Business Analysts may be directly approached by the customer (i.e., this is *not* a back-office role where the Business Analyst is buffered from customer interaction).
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- For client meetings, locate meeting space, setup meeting invitation (MS Outlook), secure conference bridge, create agenda, circulate materials, perform roll-call, and take meeting minutes – specific content will be provided by the client or more senior members of the PMO.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) role by performing a thorough review of various Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) documents – this includes of a review of grammar, sentence structure, terms/acronyms, header/footers, footnotes, font/bullet consistency, etc. While development teams and more senior members of PMO staff are not expected to produce “sloppy work” and “throw it over the fence,” the person in this role will perform a final review of many documents to make sure that work passed to the customer meets high standards.
- Assist with tasks related to interviewing candidates for other PMO roles – help perform “phone screens” and set up in-person interviews.
- Assist with the creation of weekly status reports – collect content from other team members, consolidate, follow-up as necessary, review and input into proper template.
- Document team risks and issues in Jira, as needed.
- Help with on-boarding procedures such as obtaining government-furnished equipment for new team members.
- Support other more senior members of the PMO team in their roles – requirements, test, financial, analytics, etc.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks, as needed by the client or other members of the PMO team.
You must be to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
- US Citizenship.
- A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field and 5 years experience or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills and a passion for client satisfaction.
- Ability to develop great client relationships and an interest in working on new business for a small consulting firm.
- Ability to work well with clients and other members of the PMO team to perform the Business Analyst tasks – with the right attitude, the role has room for growth.
- Ability to help facilitate meetings (e.g., roll call, agenda items).
- Ability to work in collaboration tools like Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to use tools like Jira/Confluence/MS Excel to help the client track their Pivot software licenses (across multiple environments, vendors, and contracts) such that licenses expirations can be planned for properly and licenses can be renewed in a timely manner.
Familiarity and experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Hands-on experience in an Agile IT or IT PMO environment.
- Experience in Federal government consulting.
- Active DHS/FEMA Public Trust clearance.
- An interest in the homeland security mission.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form.
- Genuine desire to learn is essential.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
" " U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Work can commence before a clearance is granted, but must wait until the initial background check is complete.
A BA/BS degree, preferably in a related field along with five years related experience is required. A Master’s Degree in a related field can be substituted for some experience. .
Local candidates only. Work location:
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.