- Legal Drafting
The Staff Attorney will be responsible to support the Chief Legal Officer in handling a variety of legal matters for the organization as assigned. Tasks may be focused in several different areas including, but not limited to, litigation, business management, contracting, compliance or consulting, depending on the needs of the office.
Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
Specific Requirements and Preferences
DC bar admittance required. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Related or progressive experience in the law for at least 4 years. (JD not required for entire period but mandatory prior to hire.) (Preferred)
Knowledge of health care law issues pertaining to non-profit academic medical centers desired.
Prefer experience with drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts.
Must have healthcare regulatory experience or related experience.
Able and available to work full-time on-site at the hospital or other CN controlled and operated location.
Professional, responsive, collaborative, solution-oriented, forward thinking, proactive, engaged.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Must be licensed as a lawyer in MD, DC or VA Upon Hire Req
General Corporate Law
1. Manage contract review as assigned.
2. Provide advice on legal matters as assigned.
3. Support claims, litigation and insurance matters as assigned
4. Support office budget, management, compliance and governance matters as assigned.
General Legal Services
1. Provide advice as assigned on general legal matters in a timely manner.
2. Respond to legal questions from clinical staff in a timely manner.
3. Cover attorney on call position as scheduled.
4. Complete assignments from Chief Legal Officer in a timely manner.
5. Develop healthy relationships with other internal customers.
6. Provide staff development education re: legal issues as assigned.
7. Integrate with Executive Director of Risk Management as needed to manage risk for the organization.
8. Conduct business with a professional, collaborative approach that is solution oriented and forward thinking; be well respected by peers and stakeholders as a team-player and capable attorney; use good judgment on all matters including the ability to escalate concerns and control or manage potential poor decisions or actions by clients or stakeholders.
Goals setting and attainment
2. Ensure that goals are set and met.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Non-Clinical Professional
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 - 5:00
Job Posting: Aug 6, 2019, 6:05:01 AM