The Plant Lead Supervisor manages the processing workflow of materials through the recycling facility with respect to procedure, safety, quality control, productivity and commodity grading. The Plant Lead Supervisor utilizes market process experience in determining baling runs, logistics, inventory and output to meet goals and purchase agreements. The Plant Lead Supervisor reports directly to the Production Manager and will serve as acting manager in Production Managers absence. The Plant Lead Supervisor is also responsible for supervising plant employees with respect to Corporate Policy and applicable laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage recycling center production.
- Supervises recycling center staff.
- Assists in managing plant programs.
- Insures material quality and integrity per mill specifications.
- Performs routine inspections/observations, logging results.
- Oversee baling equipment operation, maintenance and repair.
- Oversee sorting equipment operation, maintenance and repair.
- Oversee rolling stock operation, maintenance and repair.
- Insures employee safety and adherence to policy and PPE.
- Responsible for keeping the plant clean and orderly at all times.
- Assists in routine maintenance and plant breakdown repair.
- Serve as backup to scale operator.
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Production Manager.
- Normal setting for this job is Industrial process plant with heavy production equipment, rolling stock and inventory.
- Required to use motor coordination and ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Forklift, Front end loader, Arial lift and other powered industrial truck operations
- May also work in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
- 1-3 years of > 1,000 TPM recycling plant operation supervision.
- 1+ year's exposure to Safety Rules and Regulations.
- 1+ years' experience baling equipment operation, maintenance and light repair.
- 2+ years' experience direct report employee supervision and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in using array of software packages, including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be mechanically inclined and capable of minor/major repairs
- High degree of autonomy, yet team oriented with ability to work cross functionally within dynamic environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Physically able to push or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between
- Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds
- Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled