Would you like to join Fortune 8 CVS Health leading our dynamic and growing Public Affairs Communications team!? The Advisor of Public Affairs Communications is a member of the Corporate Communications team. Working closely with the Vice President of External Affairs and Senior Director of Government Affairs/Public Affairs, you will be responsible for leading multiple work streams that advance the reputation of CVS Health among public affairs partners, opinion elites and policy media.
You will contribute to strategic public affairs planning, executing a robust Thought Leadership content program, running media and research partnerships, supporting media outreach and engagement within the Beltway and providing effective communications counsel to internal stakeholders.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create and develop content (i.e. web articles, info-graphics, social media collateral) to elevate the company’s position on key issues; own ongoing content planning and maintenance of coordinated editorial calendars
- Direct event and media partnerships to raise the transparency of CVS Health to public affairs stakeholders and opinion elites, including the execution of 3+ sponsored “newsmaker” events annually
- Run large-scale public polling program to garner insights on key industry topics and business critical issues; assist internal partners with the translation and application of data to improve communications and legislative strategies
- Handle targeted email campaign to support outreach to partners at regularly monthly intervals and in real-time to amplify enterprise announcements
- Oversee proactive policy media engagement and relationship building among reporters with prominent coverage and share of voice on priority issues
- Staff D.C.-based media briefings with company executives (as assigned)
- Support executive engagement efforts in D.C., including the development of speeches and panel remarks
- Facilitate ongoing coordination and communication with internal Government Affairs
- Develop internal presentations for company executives highlighting key public affairs priorities and work streams
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications and public affairs managing programs and campaigns.
- Experience providing communications counsel to clients, organizations, candidates, principals and/or senior executives.
- Working in a communications role on health care issues strongly preferred (could include a corporation, trade association, advocacy organization or health-related client)
- Ideal candidate has spent time communicating on health care issues.
- Deep understanding of the public affairs/government stakeholders and opinion elites who shape important health care debates
- Existing relationships with D.C.-based health policy media ideal but not essential
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.