The Front Desk Worker is responsible for welcoming and accommodating guests in an effective and courteous manner.The Georgetown University Hotel and Conference Center is a property managed by Aramark. Aramark is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by Fortune and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Mandatory 1 year of Hotel Front Deskexperience
- Must be willing and able to work all shifts including overnight and weekends
- Directly participates in operating a traditional 24-hour, seven days a week, hotel-style front desk operation.
- The front desk will be staffed to provide services 24 hours a day 7 days a week, therefore all applicants must be flexible and willing to work all shifts.
- Answers external and internal telephone calls taking and delivering messages as needed.
- Provides guest services at the conference center so each staff member and guest experiences is positive.
- Works in conjunction with all guest service employees.
- Deals with any conference center guests and employees who require or request hospitality services.
- Empowered to make decisions that directly affect the guest’s experience in a positive fashion.
- After training, must display a working knowledge of emergency procedures so that employee and guest safety will be insured.
- Utilizes the radio/paging internal communication system used throughout the facility.
- Assists in coordinating registration functions for all guests.
Daily front desk checklist tasks include:
- Check in and check out functions.
- Guest orientation of the local area and the conference center facilities.
- Preparation and hand out of name tags, parking passes, and other orientation information.
- Proper telephone service techniques and PBX operation.
- Handling of guest mail, messages, and special deliveries.
- Coordinate reservations for guest transportation.
- Full understanding and utilization of the property management system.
- Familiarization with night audit functions.
- Assist all guests in any way possible.
- Maintain a limited supply of sundries.
- Notification and processing of an express check out process.
- Maintains adequate change bank to support the guest service needs.
- Verifies all guest laundry/dry-cleaning pick up and delivery.
- Reconciles disputed guest charges.
- Provides explanation for paid outs, miscellaneous charges, and allowances (must have the approval of the supervisor on duty).
- Participates in Quality Assurance Programs that include daily inspections and reviews to address areas in need of improvement.
- Assists with storing and inventorying of supplies necessary to perform daily operations.
- Works within the key issuance and control program to ensure total key control and quality assurance.
- Communicates closely with all departments to ensure a seamless guest experience.
- Assist in locating guest's lost luggage. In addition to, correctly tagging, storing and retrieving luggage from holding room.
- Active departmental participation in training programs as directed by the Front Desk Supervisor and Manager.
- In the event of inclement weather, will be required to remain on sight and on duty until replaced.
- Follows ARAMARK policies and procedures and safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
- Is an active participant in the Encore! Encore! employee recognition program.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer– Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Candidates are considered for employment with Aramark without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS AND THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS Consistent with Aramark's commitment to equal employment opportunity, Aramark provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Aramark, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-800-355-1166. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.75 /hour
- hotel front desk: 1 year (Required)
- hotel: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check: