Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
The Senior Director Information Technology, Financial Systems plans, organizes, directs and controls the Financial IT operations of the Information Technology department of Health Quest and its affiliates, designs and implements the use of enterprise-wide computerized technology and financial systems to meet the information needs of the organization. Manages technology, implementation and IT services to support the business intelligence and decision support departments within Heath Quest. Works with CIO and HQIT Management to lead HQIT in Service Level Excellence, staff productivity and adherence to Information Technology best practices. Leads the organization to develop custom solutions to meet business needs when a solution is not available in the software market. Works with CIO to draft develop the IT Strategic and Operating plans to support Health Quest.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND STANDARDS
1. Direct Supervisory responsibilities over the following areas of HQIT:
a. Financial Systems Management
b. Business Intelligence / Decision Support Infrastructure
c. Application Development
2. Leads the use and support for the financial information systems and provides management to the IT Financial Analyst Support staff. Has responsibility for the 24 hour, 7 days a week operation of the financial information system.
Management of the IT system and related staff to support the following financial areas includes but is not limited to:
- Patient Access (Scheduling and Admissions)
- Financial Clearance Center
- Health Information Management
- System Business Office
- Case Management
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Business Intelligence
- Clinical Document Improvement
- Human Resources
- General Accounting
- Supply Chain
- Staff Scheduling
- Provider Credentialing
- Decision Support
- Ambulatory patient accounting
3. Develop long range and short range plans, subject to review and approval of the CIO for the future development of financial information systems for Health Quest, integrates these services into Health Quest’s primary functions.
4. Work with CIO and HQIT operational mangers to develop and maintain policies and procedures for:
a. Acquisition of new financial software
b. Implementation of additional system functionality
c. Testing methodology
d. Support and problem resolution of information technology issues
e. Software Development Life Cycle
5. Work with CIO and HQIT to review and update and manage the HQIT Service Level agreement.
6. Work with HQIT management to ensure SLA expectations are being managed and met.
7. With the approval of the CIO, work with HQIT management staff to develop, manage and report out to the organization metrics related to the service level agreement.
8. Develops and maintains Policies and Procedures to manage the Software Development Life Cycle for custom developed solutions.
9. Evaluates and determines the need to use custom developed solutions to meet business needs.
10. Looks for opportunities for efficiencies in the business through the use of custom software solutions.
11. Evaluates, using cost-benefit analysis as well as detailed research, the options available for meeting HQ’s requirements for financial, including but not limited to:
a. New releases and updates
b. Additional functionality of current installed systems
c. Acquisitions/implementation of additional financial information systems functionality.
12. Provides consultation services to user departments regarding financial system issues and relate workflows as a subject matter expert. Coordinates and controls financial system support to the end user.
13. Consults, evaluates and recommends plans of action for meeting requirements of special projects, specifically in regards to use of financial information and reporting.
14. Through the financial staff, monitors financial system related problems. Develops and implements plans for resolution as well as future preventative measures.
15. Participates in regularly scheduled management meetings and advises administration on current status of financial systems and keeps everyone abreast of applicable development and changes.
16. Evaluates employee job performance. Councils, disciplines and terminates employees as required. Recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, etc. Determines qualifications and competency of financial staff.
17. Prepares, submits and monitors compliance with departments operational and capital budgets, under the review and coordination of the CIO.
18. Reviews invoices for all computer related purchases and ensures that they are in compliance with contractual terms.
19. Conducts orientation to HQ and the department for new financial staff and annual in service to each financial staff employee. Provides safety standards to reduce risks in job functions. Provides information on fire safety and disaster procedures.
20. It is the responsibility of the Department Leaders/Managers to provide effective leadership and continuous improvements of department activities. Department Leaders/Managers are responsible for ensuring that the following leadership standards are met, either personally or through delegation:
a. Integrates department’s services with the hospitals primary functions.
b. Coordinates and integrates services within own department and other departments.
c. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
d. Provides for orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all department personnel.
e. Recommends space and other resources needed by the department and/or facility.
f. Participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department or organization.
21. Develops and manages operating and capital budgets
22. Working with HQIT leadership maintains a primary management position related to IT change management compliance.
Bachelor Degree, Masters preferred.
Ten (10) years of information systems experience with at least Six (6) years in a hospital environment (financial Systems), and at least four (4) years management experience.