Who we are
At A+E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe.
We’re a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users.
The best part? We did it our way.
The Technology team at A+E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to improve our business processes and work experience by innovating solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team, utilizing each other’s strengths, doing what needs to be done and picking each other up as needed.
The Enterprise Media Solutions team, within Technology, is responsible for being the primary technology partner for GTO (Global Technology Operations), the arm of A+E that is responsible for producing our key product - Content. Within Enterprise Media Solutions team, the Domestic Media Solutions Team supports the media operations in the United States and the Post MAM Solutions team focuses on post production solutions in the US. There is a tremendous opportunity to build out technology solutions in support of an automated and efficient Global Media Supply Chain that extracts the optimal value out of our most critical asset.
Colleagues, customers and media partners across the global enterprise, depend on us to architect innovative solutions that provide our media globally, while safeguarding it. We're hooked on researching new technologies and keeping up with the latest changes in AI and machine learning, Cloud, MAM, and media distribution so everyone on our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve even the most complex of problems.
What’s in it for you
You have spent 5+ years supporting applications and partnering with the business to provide technical solutions. You understand how to work with the business and listen for the opportunities to make impactful changes. You know how to get things done and you know how to be a team player in a high performing team. Of course, you are experienced in all standards and processes around technology development but you are also able to fast track a solution in a creative way. You have an overwhelming sense of passion for growing and learning, your work and your team.
Your job will be to build deep partnerships & solutions for the business teams that create, prepare and distribute our content. On our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and engineers from across the enterprise, including our Media Production, Security, Cloud, Infrastructure and Technical Operations areas. Be ready to make recommendations. We're always looking for new technologies to help us build solutions to complex problems, so we'll need you to have your finger on the pulse of what's up and coming and you’ll be able to learn and gain exposure to the latest advances.
This is the opportunity you have been seeking.
We'll trust you to
Be an active participant in the betterment of A+E:
- Understand market dynamics & industry landscape
- Maintain highest level of customer satisfaction by building & maintaining key relationships with business stakeholders
- Work closely with vendors, internal clients, internal partners, and IT teams to ensure high quality deliverables
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes, and support the implementation
Perform Business Analysis:
- Gather business requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Provide analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identify areas where process, technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understand the functions and processes provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
- Provide detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provide mock-ups of user interface. Lead design discussions and identifies design options.
- Provide user documentation for the system and maintain them. Create curriculum and provide classes for user training.
- Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
- Work with QA to develop and implement test plans, cases and schedules, based on intimate knowledge of system functions and workflows.
- Work with management to identify issues and roadmap
Provide Application Support:
- Work closely with development team to support current systems, in term of enhancements and trouble-shooting
- Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects.
Maintain System Documentation:
You need to have
- Review and update existing workflows and requirements documentation.
- Create documents for undocumented workflows and requirements.
- Organize and store all documents electronically in a manner in which they can easily located and retrieved.
- Work with Vendor to validate and maintain documentation and workflows of final solution deployed into production
- Five (5) years of IT experience
- Willingness to adopt change, new ideas, processes. Challenge status-quo and support creativity, innovation and operational excellence
- Strong communication abilities
- Strong collaborative team spirit, with a willingness to share information transparently
- Strong understanding of technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent job career experience
At A+E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We’re a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A+E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans