Bookkeeper/Accountant job description
The Bookkeeper/Accountant will be responsible for supporting a fast-growing food production & distribution company, by maintaining and preparing weekly QuickBooks Online entries and reporting for corporate/assigned entities. In addition to the duties and qualities outlined above, the ideal candidate will possess the values of honesty, integrity, teamwork, emotional balance, detail-orientation, a sense of duty and responsibility, adaptability, results-orientation, strong inter-personal communication skills, patience to trouble-shoot issues, and ability to take initiative to ensure all duties and responsibilities are consistently fulfilled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects the definition of essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Duties and bookkeeping accounting responsibilities for this job this job may be adjusted or modified at any time by FullSkoop, Inc. or Weidenmiller LLC., as business conditions change from to time.
- 1-Diligently and accurately prepare journal entries and ensure all Income Statement and Balance Sheet Entries are accurately recorded for the corporate entities assigned
- 2- Review, confirm, and enter/scan all invoices at least bi-monthly, and perhaps weekly so they are correctly entered into the correct bill payment and accounting software processes designed for the Company, as efficiently and error free as possible
- 3 - Consistently review month-end A/R aging and A/P aging reports, as well as all monthly recurring property bills, software licenses, office subscriptions, and utilities to ensure proper receivables and Payables policies are followed to ensure Cash balances and working capital needs are correctly managed.
- 4- Work closely with team members of Weidenmiller, LLC. and FullSkoop to ensure any and all lines of Credit are accurately recorded (currently only one factoring line)
- 5 - Review corporate invoices on a weekly basis
- 6- Review and reconcile employee out-of-pocket expenses, other corresponding expenses, and company credit cards.
- 7-Assist other co-working Accounting Associates in all aspects of their roles to ensure entries were correctly made and are reflected accurately on the respective portions of the financial statements.
- 8- Assist as a System Admin for an AP approval system, reporting to Fractional CFO
- 9- Able to trouble shoot and find possible data entry errors (including, but not limited, to manual transposition errors, manual fat finger errors, scan errors , classification errors or other errors) that may prevent reconciliation of bank accounts to monthly financials will be required as part of this job. If you do not have experience , it is expected you have the ability and willingness to be trained by the company’s CPA, or other resources to help prevent possible errors and quickly find and trouble shoot errors.
- 10- Assist in maintaining a solid system of internal control procedures
- 11-Ensure all accounting activities maintain appropriate controls, comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, comply with corporate policies and guidelines, and consistently adhere to accepted accounting standards
- 12- Ensure policy and procedure compliance for all entities
- 13- Ensure that all Equity infusions, and Capital Asset Purchases are entered and accurately reflected each month on the Financial Statements via confirmation.
- 14- Strong ability and willingness to work with team to utilize technology in order to streamline processes and reduce entry errors
- 15- work with Weidenmiller, LLC. to prepare monthly financial reporting packages, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations for FullSkoop, Inc.,
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, a major in a Science or Engineering field of study with a minor in Accounting/ Finance, or 2+ years of successful accounting experience, including recording accounting entries correctly, including a strong capability to troubleshoot entries when book differences and bank differences arise that may prevent reconciliations .
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong analytical ability, including an ability to understand the details as well as big picture objectives, and able to present clear and meaningful conclusions
- Strong customer focus, and a team player capable of providing results under tight deadlines
- Well organized; self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze issues quickly and resolve them in a time efficient manner
EDUCATION: Accounting, Finance, or a science related degree (such as Math, Biology, Chemistry, or another science equivalent field such as Engineering) from an accredited university is required/ highly desirable
- Proficiency in PC-based software; experience in QuickBooks Online and/ MS Excel desired (a strong willingness to learn is required).
- Ability to learn and use other software programs as required, QuickBooks Online and Bill.com for now, additional process efficiency technologies may be added later
- QuickBooks pro certification highly preferred, but not required; willingness to learn is required
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a time efficient manner
TIME & COMPENSATION:
Depending on the qualified candidate’s experience, proficiency, and efficiency in the above duties, compensation may range from $25/hr at the low end of the range, up to $80/hr. at the high end of the range. Initial time commitment is currently assessed at approximately 20 hours a week, and may be expanded, as capabilities and other performance traits are assessed.
Contact/Apply: Candidates may apply here
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $25.00 to $75.00 /hour
- bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply