AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Acura of Jackson is seeking a motivated Automotive Technician/ Mechanic to join our service department. He/she must be a self driven, hardworking individual. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work efficiently to ensure the performance of the service department as a whole. The individual will report directly to the service director.
Acura of Jackson has moved into a brand new state of the art facility which includes many amenities other luxury dealerships only dream of. Acura of Jackson has won Acura’s most prestigious and coveted award for 10 consecutive years naming us “DEALERSHIP OF DISTINCTION”. Our goal is to provide our customers the ultimate in customer service and provide the true “ACURA EXPERIENCE”. We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Mechanic will cater to the specific needs of each repair order efficiently and accurately. This must be done within both dealership and factory requirements.
- The ideal technician candidate must be able to diagnose malfunctions, as well as perform the necessary repairs.
- Mechanic will perform vehicle repairs within their current capability/skill level.
- In depth examination of any vehicle make recommendations on necessary repairs
- Clearly documents and record work that is performed on the repair order
- Effectively communicate with the designated service manager or advisor
- Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the service manager.
- Ability to perform any additional related duties as required and assigned by service manager.
Qualifications or Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience as an Automotive Technician / Mechanic
- Must possess the ecenntial hand tools needed to work at a high level of productivity
- A valid driver's license
- Degree from an accredited automotive technical instatute
- High school diploma / Industry certification equivalent required
- Technician must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of common mechanic shop tools
- Ability to bend, move, lift and physically perform duties in the scope of this position.
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check, DMV screen, and drug screen
Job Type: Full-time
- Ridgeland, MS 39157 (Required)