Engineering Manufacturing Technologies (“EMT”) is a metal component manufacturer located near Binghamton, NY. Our manufacturing facility is over 130,000 sq. ft. and we employ over 100 personnel. EMT has been in business for over 70 years and our manufacturing processes include Punch Press Stampings, Sheet Metal Fabrications, and CNC Machining & Turned parts. EMT is known as a leader in our industry and our manufacturing facility houses the “most state of the art” equipment. Our continued growth in the automotive, aerospace, commercial/industrial, DOD, firearm, and pharmaceutical industries requires EMT to hire an experienced Production Scheduler.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and executing the master plant production schedule for respective business unit (Sheet Metal or Machining) to ensure maximum performance and meet on-time delivery expectations to our customers.
- Provide oversight and supervision for production operations and employees of the company.
- Work with ERP system, managing inventory levels, subcontract management, and working closely with operators and senior management daily to ensure priorities are clearly identified and executed.
- Engage and drive continual improvement efforts and lead all production planning and supply chain logistics efforts.
- Initiate accurate production scheduling protocols regarding machines, tooling, fixtures, and personnel to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Review estimates (set up times, run times, and lead times) for quotes, and audit production performance to these.
- Ensure consistent continuity between shifts by effectively establishing procedures/documentation that effectively communicate action plans, production goals and continuous improvement efforts.
- Communicate daily with production team, quality department, and management top priorities/concerns and resolve all quality issues timely.
- Ensure a safe work environment and address / monitor safety initiatives.
- Evaluate job profitability of manufacturing jobs by reviewing/analyzing, in detail, actual hours verse estimated hours by set up and run times for each operation. Then implement continual improvement efforts as necessary.
- Track and monitor productivity metrics and performance. Review and approve personnel labor hours and address productivity.
- Must be willing to work overtime, as required and display a sense of urgency in responding to opportunities and issues.
- 4 Year Degree or relevant 5 years manufacturing experience.
- Previous work experience in a high volume, job shop, fast paced operation preferred.
- Experience in an ISO 9001-2008 work environment.
- Ability to multitask and motivate employees
- Excellent written and oral communication is required and the ability to execute initiatives to satisfy customer demands and exceed customer expectations is critical.
EMT provides an exciting and challenging work environment for the right candidate. EMT offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary with an incentive bonus plan. EMT’s fringe benefits include health and dental benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan with employer match, employee FSA’s options, and much more. EMT is looking for a career oriented professional to join our organization, who will demonstrate leadership qualities which will assist the company in achieving our aggressive growth and expansion plans.
Job Type: Full-time