The Chabad of Northeast Queens Early Learning Center & The Academy, was founded to change the lives of Jewish students through three key areas: wisdom, comprehension, and knowledge. The model of education is implemented to transform the structures of schooling through an innovative school model. Each component of our model is directly tied to the quality of teacher instruction. By incorporating components of teaching teams, collaborative learning, teacher/student cohorts, reflective practice, differentiated instruction, and multi-dimensional evaluations system we are able to attract, develop and retain our teachers. Our educational philosophy is inspired by the Reggio model of education coupled with project based learning through standards. Our mission is to “empower learners and inspire leaders to make this a better world.”
The Early Learning Center & The Academy is located at 212-12 26th Avenue * Bayside, NY 11360
- Embody, support and maintain the school’s mission, purpose, and core values.
- Demonstrate H.E.A.R.T.S values which emphasize responsibility in community stewardship.
- Ability to have self directed time management when juggling daily and weekly schedule.
- Understanding and flexibility that no two days are alike in a school.
- Monitor student learning and use data to drive instruction.
- Demonstrate a commit to developing their pedagogical practice. This includes differentiation of instruction, classroom management, and development of curriculum knowledge.
- Support teachers on your team.
- Develop curriculum aligned to UPK standards.
- Collection and analysis of student data.
- Utilization a variety of instructional groupings, including whole group, small group and one-on-one instruction to meet the needs of their students.
- Ability to provide differentiated instruction based on student strength and needs.
- To prepare lesson plans to be vetted during morning meetings that provide opportunities for differentiation.
- Establishment of long-term and short-term goals to improve their teaching practice.
- Demonstrate strong pedagogical practice, the ability to effectively work on a team, meet all professional responsibilities.
- Display openness to receive constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Participate in the vetting of lessons during team meetings.
- Participate in providing feedback during informal lesson review.
- Participate in weekly reflection sessions.
- Strong classroom management skills rooted in positive discipline and responsive classroom practices.
- Eagerness to collaborate with co-teachers.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills as well as a desire to collaborate with various stakeholders to foster strong school community partnerships.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a can-do attitude.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and responses to the following essay questions to: cobrien@ chabadnequeens.com. In the subject line please indicate position applying. For example, PreK Education Teacher Application. Please see our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Chabad-of-Northeast-Queens-The-Early-Learning-Center-The-Academy-426973463979327/ or website for more information about our school and the educational programs http://www.chabadnequeens.com/ .
We thank you for your interest in our school and welcome your application to be part of our team. Our school offers competitive teacher salaries commensurate with experience and skill, and a comprehensive benefits package. No phone calls, please.
Two 250 word essays. Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- The first should detail a memorable learning experience with students
- The second should detail a memorable learning experience with colleagues
Job Type: Full-time
- Early Childhood Education