GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Network/System Administrator is responsible for the support, maintenance, installation, and integration of all, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Server, and Computer hardware and software within the company as directed by the IT Management. The position maximizes utilization, uptime, availability, and return on investment on all Network/Computer hardware and software. This position provides technical and general support to all company personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage and perform the requisition, installation, implementation, and maintenance of Computer hardware, software, and networks. Management of user profiles ensuring adequate overall physical and logical security measure are in effect and followed. Monitor the performance and utilization of Computer hardware, software, and networks, ensuring proper utilization, performance, and highest availability of Computer and Network resources.
2. Support the corporate and department objectives relating to all Disaster Recovery and Data Integrity policies. Ensure that proper data backups are completed, labeled, rotated, and stored off-site.
3. Respond to IT help desk calls/requests, document progress to calls/requests and provide the proper support necessary to handle the calls/requests in a timely manner. Provide technical and technical and general support to all company personnel as required.
4. Assist in creation and accomplishment of the IT Department action plans and all Maverick Department action plans that support the company's strategic business objectives.
5. Maintain Network and Computer security for user profiles, user access, data access, network access, and hardware access.
6. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
7. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in appropriate training.
8. Ensure company confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Technical degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc, plus 5-7 years related experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Technical Skills: Citrix Administration, VMWare Administration, Exchange Administrator, Windows 7 and 10 and SAN Administration.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS A Bachelor's degree with a technical major or business degree with a technical minor and required work experience of three or more years in Computer hardware, software installation, networking experience, or Computer maintenance with either degree. A computer associate’s degree with five to seven years of Computer and networking experience can qualify. Additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Network experience with MS Windows Networks in a LAN and WAN environment is required. Experience with Citrix, VMWare, Cisco, or Exchange is desirable. Solid technical skills with the ability to research and solve problems in situations where previous experience does not provide a solution.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: 10-Key, Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Human Resources Systems, Presentation/PowerPoint, Programming Languages, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Contact Management, Payroll Systems