We are the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), an innovative professional medical association located in Darien, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago. We’re looking for a friendly individual who will serve as primary back-up for receptionist, answering phones and receiving office visitors with a smile in addition to providing administrative support and project assistance to departments as needed. The ideal candidate has excellent verbal communication and customer service skills. This even-tempered professional works well under pressure and can juggle multiple duties with ease. This job is full-time, Monday - Friday, with a set schedule of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Since our needs are immediate, we will only consider local candidates. Please send us a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Provide daily reception relief for receptionist’s breaks and PTO usage. Operate a multi-line telephone system for various organizations, welcome on-site visitors and handle incoming mail, including distribution.
- Serve as primary back-up to answer overflow calls from the front desk, capable of answering base line questions related to meetings, courses and products offered by the AASM.
- Gain familiarity and maintain knowledge about department functions, upcoming meetings and seminars, new products and other topics to properly transfer calls and answer general inquiries.
- Knowledgeable in other basic duties of primary receptionist to serve as overall back-up including postage tracking, office supply orders & inventory.
- Perform light kitchen cleaning duties daily. Responsible for clearing food and supplies following staff functions.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as data entry, written correspondence, reports, paper cutting and collating.
- Assist with administrative duties and special projects for other departments as needed.
What We Need
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED)
- One year of receptionist related experience and/or training
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office; beginner level Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to handle callers and office visitors in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Aside from the great job opportunity, we also have amazing benefits.
- Affordable medical & dental coverage for you and your family
- Free life & disability insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO (personal/vacation/sick time) plus paid company holidays
- PAID maternity (12 weeks), paternity (1 week) and adoption leave (6 weeks)
- Flex-time hours
- Business casual environment
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Costco membership
- Weekly “Wellness Wednesdays” with walk, stretch and healthy snack breaks
- Monthly birthday celebrations & seasonal staff events
- Onsite yoga classes
- Community garden
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) office in Darien, IL (a southwest suburb of Chicago) is conveniently located nearby major expressways. Established in 1975, the AASM is a professional, forward thinking membership organization dedicated to the advancement of sleep medicine and related research. The AASM’s mission is to assure quality care for patients with sleep disorders, promote the advancement of sleep research and provide public and professional education. The AASM represents the professional interests of over 9,000 sleep medicine clinicians and researchers worldwide and accredits thousands of sleep centers in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour