NBC Entertainment develops and schedules the network’s primetime, late-night, and daytime entertainment programming. NBC’s quality programs and balanced line-up have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards and ratings success, including most recently winning the traditional September-to-May season in primetime’s key demo, marking the network’s third win in four years. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
Interns will contribute to daily Casting Office duties including speaking with agents on the phone, working with casting database, editing footage, and occasionally assisting in auditions. Interns must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and present a professional demeanor as the first point of contact for visitors to the department.
Interns can expect to assist the NBC Entertainment HR team in different areas to better understand the HR Generalist function within the late night and daytime entertainment space. This may include supporting special project(s) focused on employee engagement, assisting with various pitch decks for HR programs and initiatives, maintaining HR Customer Service initiatives, and providing assistance with new hire onboarding.
Interns will support the department staff while learning about music clearances and services in network television. They will gain valuable training and a balanced experience by attending department staff meetings, updating music databases, creating and updating music tracking grids, researching music copyrights, searching for music cues for use in various productions, viewing programming for music information, creating & updating production music cue sheets, misc. music research, and other related projects as they arise.
Interns will gain experience with photo editing, captioning, and sorting; assisting with pre-production on photo shoots as needed for various east-coast based NBC Entertainment properties; creating ID sheets; making car reservations; acting as a PA on photo shoots as needed.
Interns will support the publicity office by monitoring press clips, compiling clip reports and running errands. Interns will have the opportunities pending schedules to shadow publicists at events and/or on set. We need someone who is efficient yet effective, can think quickly on their feet and are willing to do any task, no matter how small.
Interns’ daily responsibilities include: assisting with sales conference prep; updating deal files; processing deals; assisting the sales team with sales efforts; creating sales presentations; assisting with other branches of the department; helping with day to day office tasks; managing the team Dropbox. Interns will be working with many different people on a daily basis, being personable and professional is a must.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 14, 2020
- Program Dates: June 2020 – August 2020
- Desired Backgrounds: Advertising, Business, Communications, Digital/New Media, English, Film/Television, Fine Arts, Human Resources, Media Studies, Music Business, Photography, Public Relations, Research
- Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry
- Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership
Campus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.