Discovery, development and deployment of new, market leading heterogeneous catalysts supporting the Refining Technology Strategy supporting Criterion Catalysts and Technologies and P&T. These catalysts are used in refining applications including Distillates, CFH, Hydrocracking, Tail Gas and Naphtha applications. Developing and executing experimental plans and managing multiple technical programs are critical aspects of the role as well as developing surface science understanding. Assessing key catalyst properties impacting catalyst performance are enablers for inventing new marketing leading products.
- Safe operation: Stay current on all safety training, participate in necessary safety audits, effectively manage and maintain excellent laboratory housekeeping as well as standard operating procedures.
- Effectively work cross-functionally to achieve technology deliverables and timelines. Develop and execute experimental plans which lead to new refining catalysts.
- Demonstrate initiative by identifying opportunities to improve internal laboratory workflows including safe practices, testing techniques or equipment capability.
- Effectively work within a project team of experts from various disciplines to successfully meeting project milestones and timelines; elements of research on lab scale and links to catalyst scale-up and business.
- Communicate experimental observations in varied formats including, technical seminars, customer presentations, management team meetings, etc.
- Continue to advance fundamental understanding to gain insights on key enablers to improve catalyst performance.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Ph.D. Degree in Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering with a research specialization in Heterogeneous Catalysis.
Minimum ten (10) years’ experience with heterogeneous catalyst and inorganic materials synthesis techniques and with various materials characterization/analytical techniques is required.
Experience with the synthesis of new catalytic materials including supported catalysts, inorganic oxides, catalytic materials and the evaluation of these materials as catalysts is required.
Experience with high throughput heterogeneous catalyst synthesis and testing tools.
Demonstrated leadership and change management skills.
Goal Zero mindset. Basic safety skills include:
MSDS awareness, chemical storage, waste disposal, proper handling of toxic or hazardous materials and familiarity with safe laboratory operating principles.
Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Ability to work with colleagues within a project team.
Strong writing and presentation skills.
Experience in LEAN, Continuous Improvement and Digitalization.
No. of Positions 1
Disclaimer Please note:
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.