READ FULL DETAILS AND ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS - MUST BE LOCAL TO ST PETERSBURG, FL - THIS IS AN OFFICE POSITION.
- MUST BE LOCAL TO ST PETERSBURG FL AND WILL WORK IN OUR OFFICE
Look at bottom of this for all the wonderful benefits to this job:
*Education and Experience
- Required -Two years’ or more experience with Help Desk and Incident management systems.
- Required expertise administering and configuring Microsoft desktop and server operating systems. (Windows 10, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016)
- Preferred experience working with Linux Servers - RHEL or Centos.
- Experience supporting common applications such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Antivirus, Remote Desktop, VoIP programs, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Must have an expert understanding and ability to support Google applications (Gmail, docs, calendar, etc.)
- Must have a basic understanding of fundamental network design and operation including DNS, subnets, TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6.
- Ability to work with and automate tasks via scripts (PowerShell, bash, python, etc.).
- Preferred experience with RingCentral and inContact.
- Ability to troubleshoot unmonitored networks. (Home networking equipment, cable/dsl modems, etc.).
- High attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly in verbal and written forms.
- AS/BS degree in Information Technology / Computer Sciences or 5 years equivalent experience Required.
- Industry Certifications such as A+, Network+ or MCP, CCENT or AWS Certifications Preferable.
The Jr. System Administrator role is to provide support for the day-to-day operations of the information technology (IT) department. The Jr. System Administrator will be responsible for resolving requests and technical issues submitted to the helpdesk, desktop support for a local and remote user base, basic server administration, and assist with supporting a growing network in AWS.
Three or more years of hands-on experience supporting and administering systems on corporate network is required. Ideal candidates will possess strong customer service skills, a passion for helping others, and an aptitude for problem solving. The position requires a high attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolve incoming support requests via the Mojo Helpdesk ticket system with limited direct supervision.
- Provide quality and timely support to all employees concerning hardware and software needs.
- Image, configure, and ship new devices (laptops, desktops, etc.).
- Provide operational support for laptop and desktop related issues including installation and configuration of applications.
- Utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to provide end user training on common applications and updates.
- Liaise with vendors to resolve support issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve printer problems.
- Maintain and support IaaS and SaaS solutions for a wide range of IT needs.
- Monitor and support a growing fleet of network resources hosted in AWS - EC2, RDS, ELB.
- Manage and support Google domain and applications.
- Create and update documentation for troubleshooting, deployment, and general IT procedures.
- Assist with server administration and maintenance including patching, backups, and general upkeep.
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of the corporate network including the intra-building wiring plant, wireless networks and remote users.
- Participation in the Employee Bonus Plan tied to the 2019 metrics and goals to be established collaboratively with your manager
- Signing bonus of 10,000 stock options subject to approval by InformedDNA’s Board of Directors – the vesting period for granted options is over 4 years with 25% vesting on the first anniversary date then monthly and evenly thereafter
- Participation in the retirement savings plan (Simple IRA), which includes a dollar-for-dollar match up to 3% of your salary – No vesting period
- Participation in InformedDNA’s health and wellness program, with the company contributing 100% (employee) of your medical insurance costs. -starting: The 1st of the month after your start date
- 18 days paid time off (PTO) earned at the rate of 6 hours per pay period based on 24 pay periods a year
- A floating holiday for your use during the year
- A wellness day for your use during the year
- 8 Company paid holidays a year
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1 x your Salary
Job Type: Full-time
- ❏ Required expertise administering and configuring Microsoft: 3 years (Required)
- Help Desk: 2 years (Required)
- ❏ AS/BS degree in Information Technology / Computer Sciences: 4 years (Required)
- ❏ Ability to work with and automate tasks via scripts (Power: 1 year (Required)
- St. Petersburg, FL (Required)
- ❏ Industry Certifications such as A+, Network+ or MCP, CCENT (Required)