Senior Software Support Specialist
Salary $60,000 - $80,000 based on relevant experience
Established software development company is looking for a Senior Software Support Specialist to work out of its Farmington Hills, MI office. Our Company’s primary business is developing and marketing business application software for Fortune 2000 companies.
The Senior Software Support Specialist has the following responsibilities:
- Provide Level 2 telephone and email support to our customers.
- Qualifying the issue being reported by the customer.
- Reproduce the issue being reported.
- Attempt to solve the issue being reported.
- Work with our Engineering team to solve issues that cannot be independently addressed.
- Collaborate with associates to:
- Create Documentation for our customers on installing, configuring, and operating our software.
- Execute Training Classes for our customers on installing, configuring, and operating our software.
- Develop User Acceptance Test(UAT) Scripts for testing our software.
- Use the developed UAT Scripts to test our software and report discovered issues on the internal data base.
- At least three years of experience in Level I or Level II Software support.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Likes to learn how to use new software and troubleshoot problems remotely.
- Has attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of database structures including fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Network Security Policy configuration.
- Experience in modifying Windows registry.
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or IBM DB2 experience.
- Several years of experience in using Microsoft Windows/Windows Server, including Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 and/or Windows Server 2012.
- Several years of experience in using Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Lives in Detroit area and can start immediately.
Nice to haves
- Experience in constructing and conducting remote User Training classes.
- Experience in Level I or Level II Software support for Commercial Banking software esp. Online Banking or Content Distribution.
- Familiar with help-desk software that manages issuance and resolution of issues reported by End Users.
- Experience in constructing software User Acceptance Test Scripts and using them for testing.
- Experience in writing software documentation for End Users.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
John Strode Survey June
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year