Speech Pathologist (Temporary)-19010041
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique Clinical Environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Schedule Per Diem
Primary Location United States-South Carolina-Aiken
What You Will Do:
As a home health speech language pathologist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to geriatric patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals. Your primary work will include assessing and treating patients with speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders.
- Assists the physician in assessing the patient’s level of functioning and the development (and revision, as necessary) of the Plan of Care by applying appropriate tests for speech, hearing and language disorders.
- Assesses the patient’s communication, oral-motor integrity, cognitive status, memory and problem solving activities, hearing and speech fluency and quality
- Initiates diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the patient’s care and safety
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and family regarding home procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the patient’s condition. Utilizes educational material as appropriate.
Amedisys is the premier home health and hospice employer and is looking for talented, devoted individuals to serve the needs of patients with physical therapy, nursing, occupational therapy, speech pathology, and more. If you are looking to give back through a career that provides care for its community, we encourage you to apply to the Contingent Labor opportunities.
Amedisys' Contingent Labor team is an in-house staffing agency that hires the best temporary employees to fulfill short-term labor needs across the nation. Our Contingent Labor group provides a variety of positions and competitive pay rates, from rural communities in Georgia to thriving metropolises in California.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice speech pathology specific to that state of South Carolina
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (in speech pathology) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
- Previous clinical experience treating adult and/or geriatric patients
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team.