The GVP-Market is responsible for effectively strategizing and leading the execution of business priorities to achieve financial results in the primary store/market. As a consistent role model, coach, and communicator, the GVP-Market sets the standard for an outstanding customer shopping experience and drives the engagement of our workforce. The GVP-Market cultivates an empowered and equipped management team, building omnichannel competency to acquire and retain long-term, high value customers.
Delivers Financial Results
- Deliver performance metrics to plan in store and market: Sales, Net Promoter Score, Loyallist, Client Sales, Staffing and Fulfillment;
- Manage Profit and Loss controllables, including expense and shortage;
- Capitalize on key business opportunities (trends, vendors, classifications, events) with senior team and market partners;
- Execute central strategies with appropriate localization for the customer
- Develop collaborative and results-producing relationships with central business partners.
Develops the People and the Team
- The GVP - Market is responsible for directly managing their primary store and, in addition, has General Managers in the market as direct reports. The GVP – Market is accountable for the results of both the primary store and the market;
- Set clear expectations for leadership behavior and accountability for results; empower others to make decisions;
- Lead by example as an active coach, providing ongoing feedback and guidance;
- Support a culture of learning and development, ensuring that education is leveraged and that managers own the practice and developmental follow up;
- Effectively communicate priorities and business-driving information to ensure leadership is aligned and equipped to maximize opportunities.
Builds Omnichannel Competency
- Cultivate a customer centric store and market culture; be a vocal advocate for needed improvements to support the in-store customer experience;
- Hold the team accountable for delivering an Easy, Fashionable, Personal and Fun shopping experience;
- Require the development of a relationship selling approach; nurture personal relationships with key clients to drive goodwill, spend, and retention;
- Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; ensure the team optimizes the use of tool and processes.
Drives Store Engagement
- Build a team committed to a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Capitalize on a strategic succession plan that anticipates job openings and develops internal talent;
- Create consistent opportunities to hear feedback from the store family; be open and responsive to suggestions that will drive employee satisfaction and retention;
- recognize performance above standard and celebrate with the individual and the team; show appreciate for the contributions of all.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of retail management experience in a department store with direct P & L responsibility
- Ability to identify, hire and develop top talent
- Ability to lead by example, strong leadership profile
- Ability to work well with all levels to build teams and partnerships
- Ability to develop, plan and execute strategies to maximize opportunities
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.