Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Network Technician will be responsible for contributing to the design, implementation, modification, and management of varied network infrastructure deployment scenarios and technologies. This position requires moderate skills with a high level of proficiency to analyze, research, and implement projects across the LAN/WAN. The Network Technician will work closely with Sr. Network Engineers and Security Engineer(s).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Configure, support, and maintain routers, switches, network appliances, firewalls, and other communication devices
Prepare technical documentation necessary to communicate ideas, concepts, and details necessary to accomplish specific goals
Responsible for system performance; supports/troubleshoots voice/network issues and coordinates installation of such items as routers and switches
Responsible for monitoring and control of the status and performance of on-line network systems
Interface with Customer Support and Infrastructure teams to resolve problems in a timely manner. May communicate with clients to provide quick and accurate problem determination/update.
Determine priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of service interruption.
Draft and maintain technical documentation, processes, procedures, and network diagrams
Install, configure and/or support technical components, operating systems, network equipment and software, middleware components and network applications
Participate in the planning, design and implementation of projects and IT initiatives
May be required to provide on-call service with other department employees
Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Experience with routers and switches
Experience with IT security processes and documentation
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in TCP/IP addressing and calculations
Understanding of wide area network components (Ethernet and MPLS) and routing and switching with intermediate knowledge in the following areas: Network design, network security concepts, 802.11x wireless, and MPLS
- Network administrator and/or design skills of the complexity typically required to earn Juniper Enterprise and or Security Certifications as well as Alcatel Lucent Switching and Routing Certifications in order to demonstrate an intensive desire to improve one’s current skillset.
- Experience in WLAN technologies including, but not limited to, WLAN campus deployments as well as point to point and point to multipoint technologies.
- Ability to operate independently and manage complex assignments
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex and detailed technical information to a diverse population
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Intense focus on detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team of technology engineers