Provides outstanding patient care and promotes high quality primary care services from Pediatrics to Geriatrics.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. All medically related functions performed by a nurse practitioner are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, PFT, Holter Monitor, interprets test results for deviation from normal, performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- A Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is required. Must be CPR certified. Must meet credentialing requirements.
- Two (2) to three (3) years Clinical experience in family medicine, emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and applicable state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Ability to Learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Ability to Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- DOT Certification Preferred
- Flexibility to commute between two locations.
- One Saturday a month required.
- One late night till 7:00pm required.
- DEA licensing required!!
Job Type: Part-time
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Minimum Nursing Degree required:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)