The Insights team is the analytics engine behind our global sales organization. We are leveraging the power of big data to help our customers accelerate how they transform their business. As a collaborative and entrepreneurial team, we focus on finding breakthrough insights and building transformative internal products and tools, within a creative and fun environment.
We are seeking an entrepreneurially-minded individual, who can act as both a designer and a front end engineer for our family of internal data-driven sales and customer insights products.
As a designer (~30% of the role), you will be responsible for putting yourself in our users' shoes, deeply understanding their needs, and translating them into compelling products and experiences. As a front end engineer (~70% of the role), you will also be responsible for translating your designs into into high quality code in collaboration with our other front end and back end developers.
Why both? We are a small, entrepreneurial, and rapidly growing team, so we're looking for people with broad skillsets and who are willing and able to wear many hats. As we grow and evolve, so will your role and you will have opportunities to specialize if desired. You will also enjoy unique influence in setting our strategic direction from both a product design and technical architecture perspective.
- Design with customers. Know our users' objectives, challenges, and business context, and design user experiences that satisfy their needs.
- Build the future. Architect full-featured client-side applications, and develop data visualizations for customers that tease out important insights from big and complex data.
- Collaborate cross-functionally. Partner with data scientists to build data-driven tools that embed model outputs into simple, intuitive workflows.
- Understand (but never accept) the limitations of existing infrastructure. Venture to any level of abstraction and push beyond the interface if it results in a better deliverable.
- Build tools worthy of trust. Drive best practices in building tools that are scalable, robust, and, most importantly, secure.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Computer Science (bootcamp grads m) and/or Design
- Previous success developing and shipping web applications with a user-empathetic mindset
- Experience building front end components with React using modular architecture
- Knowledge of state management frameworks, such as Redux or Flux
- Demonstrated design skills and UX sensibilities
- Interaction design and prototyping skills in Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Axure or similar
- Understanding of NodeJS/Express
- Passion and/or experience in data visualization
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)