Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of your patients and community? Would you like to be part of a growing practice with unlimited potential? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you.
UCHealth Colorado Springs Orthopedics - Foot & Ankle is seeking aFull-Time Physician Assistant.
The ideal candidate is a self driven individual who has a passion for learning and team-based patient care.
Here are a few good reasons to join our team in Colorado Springs:
- Our schedule – includes a mix of 2-3 clinic days and 1-2 OR days per week. This position includes all orthopedic operations with a focus on foot and ankle surgery and lower extremity trauma. Each "team" is responsible for at least 8 units, per month of coverage-calculated as:
1 clinic call night = 1 unit
1 OR case outside of normal business hours, regardless of length = 1 unit.
- Our team – is a collaborative, cohesive group that thrives on providing the best care in the region operating out of three hospitals from Level 1 to Level 3.
Requirements for Physician Assistants
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Physician Assistant (PA-C) certification issued by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) permit to prescribe all medications commonly prescribed in the course of practice.
- Eligible to provide services reimbursable services and maintain provider status with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Eligible to provide services with no sanctions or exclusion from either the Health and Human Services/Office of Inspectors General (HHS/OIG) or the General Services Administration's (GSA) List of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs.
- Unrestricted medical staff membership, with appropriate practice privileges.
- Prescriptive authority as appropriate, per medical staff service privileging process.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
We expect you to live a balanced life and enjoy the Colorado lifestyle. Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Retirement program comprised of a basic pension plan, 401(a) investment account, 403(b) matching account, and a 457(b) deferred compensation savings plan
- Offerings include medical, vision, dental, life insurance, disability coverage
- Competitive time off plan and wellness benefits
- Generous continuing medical education (CME) allowance
About Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs invites the outdoor adventurists to the cultural enthusiast to enjoy vibrant scenic beauty, rugged outdoor adventure, and exceptional opportunities to create lifelong memories. Colorado Springs is proud to be home of five military installations and the U.S. Olympic Committee. With a population of just over 650,000, Colorado Springs boasts a rich heritage with a wide variety of cultural and urbane sophistication. With a moderate cost of living, temperate climate, and an average of 247 days of sunshine per year, Colorado Springs is the perfect place to call home.
UCHealth Medical Group is a physician-led organization, with a dedicated focus on access, performance, innovation, and experience, providing unmatched patient care in the Rocky Mountain Front Range. With more than eight hospitals and 100 clinic locations, UCHealth pushes the boundaries of medicine, providing advanced treatments and clinical trials and improving health through innovation.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There are no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. An applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.