Our law firm located in downtown Seattle has an immediate opening for a full-time Records and Office Services Clerk. The primary purpose of this position is to provide accountability for and accurate maintenance of digital and physical case files in support of our busy legal practice. This role also provides a high level of support facilitating the daily operations through general office tasks, service requests, hospitality services, and partial reception coverage.
- Management of the central and closed files rooms including:
- Location and delivery of physical files;
- Creation of new files and closure of old files;
- Proper destruction of mature records.
- Daily mail service;
- Copy machine management and maintenance;
- Scanning, printing, and general copy jobs;
- Preparation of litigation and trial materials as requested;
- Legal filing;
- Hospitality services (setting up coffee, stocking conference rooms, etc.);
- Reception relief during scheduled breaks;
- Delivery to and pick up from the courthouse and other walkable downtown destinations;
- Periodic assistance moving bulky/over-sized items such as furniture or large deliveries.
- College education in any related field such as Business, English, or Political Science preferred (working knowledge of the legal system a plus);
- Microsoft Office suite proficient;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid multitasking and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Attention to detail and focus on quality work product;
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs. and be able to be on your feet throughout the day;
- Previous experience working in an office environment highly desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour