If you love exploring the ways technology helps you do all your favorite things, you’ll probably be great at sharing your knowledge with others. That’s what you’ll do every day as a work from home Technical Support representative with Transcom as you assist callers with their smartphones, tablets, and computers. In this role you are supporting people, not just tech.
As the caller’s first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of our client, answering questions about their products and services and providing world-class customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support. We’ll rely on you to listen to the callers and use your technical expertise, creativity, and passion to meet their needs. Because you’ll work independently from home, you’ll need the discipline and ability to work remotely from coworkers and supervisors.
- Multitask across systems and applications, analyze, isolate and resolve a variety of complex technical issues, and comfortably navigate a technical environment?
- Effortlessly engage with callers, providing step-by-step solutions with patience and an approach tailored to each individual customer?
- A natural customer advocate who enjoys helping people?
- Tired of long and expensive commutes?
- Looking to improve your work/life balance by working from home?
- Someone who wants to work for a company that rewards hard work and helps you grow your career?
If this sounds like you, we’ve got an exciting career opportunity for you!
What we offer you:
- 100% work at home, including paid training in a virtual classroom environment
- Career growth opportunities
- An opportunity to work for a company passionate about people
- Position as a Transcom employee (not independent contractor)
- Improved Work / Life balance with paid time off (PTO)
- Health Benefits for you and your family, including: medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) Investment options with employer match opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in community projects through Transcom Cares
- You must be at least 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Mac OS preferred
- Previous call center and work at home experience is preferred, but not required
- Courteous, friendly, and high level of professionalism
- Willingness to follow procedures and adhere to policies
- Ability to multi-task and navigate applications while talking to customers on the phone
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Able to actively listen to customer needs and demonstrate empathy
- Strong computer knowledge and skill, including ability to accurately type 40 wpm
- Ability to work a minimum of 32-40 hours a week
- Ability to work a variety of shifts influenced by current business needs; including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must live and work in one of the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI
Home Office Requirements:
- Secure, quiet, distraction free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift. (Conflicting responsibility may include caring for a family member).
- Reliable DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via ethernet (Dial up, Wireless or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Minimum download speed 20 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 2 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 ms
- Ability to provide a wired USB headset for training that can plug into your computer
- Ability to provide a landline phone that plugs into a wall phone jack or telephone phone modem. The telephone needs to be accompanied by a wired headset. Dialpad phones with headsets, and mute buttons work well. An auto answer function is recommended for faster and easier use.
- Transcom will provide an all in one computer and monitor for work use.
As an innovative global leader specializing in providing outstanding customer experiences, Transcom is passionate about creating smarter people experiences every day. We provide customer service, sales, and technical support solutions to some of the biggest international brands via our extensive network of 52 working centers in 21 countries.
We are passionate about people and look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time