Aspis, LLC, is expanding our team of administrative assistants. We are in search of qualified candidates who may both work directly with our client at their site or remotely. This is not a full-time remote (work from home) position. Candidates must be able to work on site in Washington, DC. Candidates will be employees of Aspis, LLC, working as a subcontractor on a federal contract that requires the position to be filled by a U.S. citizen.
The Administrative Assistant must demonstrate pro-activeness and initiative. The ideal candidate is personally organized and exemplifies a high level of professionalism in all ways. The successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a high-pace environment with frequently changing/evolving tasks and goals. Outstanding attention to detail and excellent communication skills are as critical as building effective relationships. This position provides support and assistance to executives that ensure effective use of time and productive interactions with staff and the public. It handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks involving the clerical, administrative, research, and management roles. It is responsible for schedule management, office management, communication liaison, information preparation, company records management, data analysis, and representing the executive to others. It is technically proficient in office automation software including online collaboration and conferencing software. It handles confidential information and communications. It requires full comprehension and execution of company's operation and procedures. It uses discretion and judgement and knowledge of organization to facilitate the executive's activities. It works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. It receives and interprets feedback to enhance and improve performance of job duties. Specific tasks may include:
Preparation and Organization
· Preparing materials for reading in advance of scheduled meetings.
· Identifying scheduling conflicts and developing solutions to resolve.
· Prioritizing meetings and competing priorities based on provided procedures and feedback.
· Handling schedules for executives and other senior leaders.
· Answering telephone and triaging calls based on provided procedures and feedback.
· Ensuring that telephone messages and written correspondence are reviewed daily and that urgent requests are prioritized and dealt with appropriately.
· Receiving guests visiting in person including greeting them in the lobby, assisting in building passes, and providing internet access information.
· Arranging, testing and configuring all audiovisual (AV) and technical equipment needed for key meetings before the meeting starts; ensuring that the meeting rooms are ready for meetings so that they are able to start on time with minimum disruption.
· Operating web-based collaboration and conferencing software to facilitate online video teleconferences, presentations, chat, whiteboarding and related applications.
· Creating detailed notes and documents for key meetings (MS Word).
· Building spreadsheets and workbooks (MS Excel) where required.
· Developing presentation materials for key meetings (MS PowerPoint).
· Scheduling, booking and arranging travel within budget guidelines.
· Provide monitoring and tracking of expenditure on travel by ensuring that monthly travel requests and spend are in line with budgeted forecasts. Ensuring that travel details are accurately recorded in the tracking systems.
Other duties may be assigned
· Monday through Friday
· No nights or weekends
· Flexible hours from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are conscientious of our employees health and well being. We are currently allowing telework (i.e., remote, work from home) to the maximum extent possible and following CDC and local guidelines on gating and phased reopening.
- Microsoft Office: 5 years (Required)
- data entry: 5 years (Required)
- schedule management: 5 years (Required)
- assisting an executive: 5 years (Required)
- office environment: 5 years (Required)
- Cisco WebEx, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Washington, DC 20228 (Required)
- This position is as a federal contractor that requires U.S. citizenship. Are you a U.S. citizen?
Full Time Opportunity:
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19