The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System's Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts investigations of the Board and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's (CFPB's) programs and operations to prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse. The Investigative Intern will assist in conducting investigations of the Board and CFPB's various programs and operations. For example, the OIG conducts investigations of employee misconduct or financial fraud associated with the supervision and examination responsibilities of the Board.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Assists as a team member on investigations or other reviews.
2) May support the team in conducting its planning activities for the applicable review to establish the appropriate objectives, scope and methodology, which is a key preliminary step in our reviews.
3) Interfaces with other Board division representatives, Reserve Bank officials, or CFPB officials while executing roles and responsibilities.
4) Assists in data gathering and analysis.
5) Assists in preparing workpapers in support of team's reports. Also will assist the team in developing investigative plans, evaluate complaints, and review evidence.
6) Participates in report production and presentations to senior management, providing the opportunity to evaluate appropriateness of the findings and message(s) resulting from the review.
Strong oral and written communication skills, teamwork, data analysis skills, as well as intellectual curiosity and professional skepticism
Strong and highly adaptable problem-solving skills
Following majors preferred - accounting, criminal justice, economics, finance, or information technology (either graduate or undergraduate)
Two letters of recommendation required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.