Interventional Technologist 2-Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Under general supervision, the Interventional Technologist performs sterile diagnostic, radiographic (IR), therapeutic endovascular (NI) and non-vascular interventional radiographic procedures and administers contrast agents at a technical level. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 45 minutes. Provides safe care and processing of patients and actively participates in outstanding customer service. These responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Required
Variable (Must be available to work on call shifts within 45 minutes notice)
The Department of Radiology, along with the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, operates at the global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, and we are a team of people striving to make a positive impact in the world.
Our mission is to design and apply technology that benefits patients and to cultivate leaders.
We serve our patients with the best, most advanced care.
We train our students, residents and fellows to become future leaders.
We produce radical medical breakthroughs and generate imaging advancements for personalized medicine.
We understand that in order to meet our goals, we must make diversity and innovation top priorities. By embracing diversity and inclusion, we are able to bring together a team of leaders and trainees with varied skill sets, perspectives and experiences. A diverse team is best equipped to foster the innovation that will meet today's greatest unmet challenges in healthcare
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report:
#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics:
among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review:
one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group:
grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health:
among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science:
12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program:
Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal:
Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association:
among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the USA
COMPLIANCE - (NOVICE):
- Can explain and apply basic statutory instructions in normal situations on the job. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Appropriately escalates problems relating to rules and regulations in timely and effective manner.
- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate radiology services in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION - (NOVICE):
- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY KNOWLEDGE - (NOVICE):
- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate anatomy and physiology knowledge in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work:
Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge:
Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.