With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world's leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Supported by $298 million from investors including Daimler, Siemens, Linse Capital, Rho Capital Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Director, Software Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with Product Management, Design and QA and be responsible for the architecture and development of ChargePoint service.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Write code for high-quality web-based applications, create robust applications, and develop functional prototypes quickly
- Work closely with product management to define user requirements and translating them into reliable, intuitive features
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, unit testing, and release, including rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, and pushing code into production
- Evangelize code quality through writing well architected, structured code, unit tests and practicing good engineering hygiene
- Provide technical and thought leadership for the development team
- Refactor, optimize and constantly drive for improved efficiency and code health
- Great engineering skills and strong CS fundamentals
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application with good understanding of web concepts such as session, cache, cookies, connection pooling, and so on
- Familiarity with server architectures, web services and distributed systems
- Strong fluency in an object oriented language such as Java
- Good experience with SQL.
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.