Fire Alarm Inspector - Grand Forks, ND
What you will do
Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers’ product lines.
How you will do it
As an Inspector you work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment. You complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. You follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule as well as input, retrieve, and archive inspection documents via laptop computer. You make minor repairs and programming changes to systems being inspected. You provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. You complete assigned inspections on time and perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in low voltage electrical systems required.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler).
- Valid driver's license.
What else you’ll get
- 1-3 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems preferred.
- NICET certification preferred but not required.
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
US-ND-Grand Forks, US-North Dakota
Bldg Technologies & Solutions
To all recruitment agencies:
Johnson Controls does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Johnson Controls employees or any other company location. Johnson Controls is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.