The Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) is an executive level position that reports to the college president and is a member of the president’s cabinet. The position provides vision and leadership for the college’s strategic diversity and inclusion college wide equity plan. The CDO advises the college on best practices to assist with sustaining equity in hiring and retaining faculty, staff and students. The CDO provides training and provide programs to address discrimination and Title IX violations for the entire college community. The CDO provides investigation and resolution for employees and students with concerns and complaints of discrimination and bias. As the college’s lead compliance officer, the CDO is the principal investigator for resolution of complaints of discrimination and violations of Title IX and EEOC. The CDO serves as a liaison with outside agencies, community outreach and responsible for Equity reports for State and Federal agencies.
The CDO provide Leadership and oversight of various College Wide Special Programs such as Black, Brown & College Bound Summit (BBCB); College Wide Diversity initiatives; including College Wide Diversity Council Leadership.
This position has budgetary responsibilities as well as responsibility for managing a staff of three full-time and one part-time employees.
• Advanced degree, certification(s), or advanced training in diversity related fields preferred.
• Prior experience working in a higher educational environment.
• Progressively responsible organizational leadership experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Title IX and other federal and state laws.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrated success with assessing and connecting business strategies and diversity and inclusion.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience investigating, reporting and training.
• Budget Development Experience
Supplemental Job Information
• Recommends equity programs to create and maintain an equitable distribution of all faculty, staff and students.
• Leads programs for College wide diversity efforts, such as Diversity Council, Black Brown College Bound, Collegiate 100, HOPE Scholars, etc.
• Monitors and oversee enforcement of all federal and state requirements for Title IX and other federal and state laws. Develops, directs and participates with college staff to investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination. Performs dispute resolution.
• Provides leadership in training College employees and in presenting lectures to local, state and national groups regarding leadership, equity and prevention of discrimination.
• Recommends and modifies policies and procedures to ensure equity at all levels and eradication of discrimination.
• Directs the preparation of the college equity plans, and setting goals. Prepares reports to state, local, and national and college agencies.
• Provides analysis and key issue identification to the college president for the development of creative and constructive solutions.
• Attends and reports on division of Florida colleges (Department of Education) meetings. Directs special projects and creates special programs.
• Serves on college-wide, community and state committees to expand college outreach activities and community awareness of college programs and services.
Additional Documents Required
District Administration Center
01 - District Admin Offices
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Responsible Hiring Manager