The Administrator supports two important functions: 1) contract management and 2) board services.
Contract administration includes the implementation and oversight of a new contract management tool, managing an effective contracting workflow for the organization and ensuring continuous improvement of the process for contract requests, drafting, approvals, execution and maintenance of legal agreements for all departments within El Camino Hospital and its affiliates. The Administrator assists General Counsel and the Legal Services team in preparing, reviewing, editing, and finalizing of a broad range of agreements such as clinical research, physician services, confidentiality, consulting, master service agreements, statements of work, business associate agreements, marketing, IT, clinical, capital equipment, and general service agreements. Responsible for management of the Contract Management system database including identifying and entering key terms and conditions for all ECH contracts maintained in the database to ensure database accuracy.
Secondly, working closely with the Director of Governance Services, provides key administrative support to the District and Hospital Boards of Directors and the Boards' Advisory Committees. The position is responsible for drafting agendas, preparing and gathering meeting materials, coordinating meeting logistics, making documents available to Board directors, Committee members and the public, attending meetings and taking minutes, and coordinating Board activities to support organizational goals. Board support requires working with executive sponsors and Board/Committee chairs to achieve goals and work plans.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, social science, English, pre-law, or related field
2. Minimum of four years administrative experience including minimum of two years supporting corporate, governmental, or non-profit Boards and a minimum of two years of contract administration.
3. Demonstrated ability to draft, review, and edit legal agreements and board documents and to analyze key terms
4. Demonstrates advanced-level ability with MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
5. Board experience should include preparing and coordinating board meetings, attending meetings and taking minutes, compliance with corporate or government standards, and using a Board portal. Ideal candidate will be familiar with the Brown Act and have supported a public board.
6. Experience working with contract management software solution required with Conga contracts management software experience preferred.
7. Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
8. Ability to work independently and collaboratively
9. demonstrate critical thinking and process improvement skills
10. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
11. Certification as a paralegal preferred