Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator
This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety programs that ensure that company environmental compliance requirements are met or exceeded.
This position is a salaried role for the Company and must work with local personnel at each US site to ensure that health, safety, environmental, and other plant processes will remain in compliance. The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator will be based at our Muskegon, Michigan location with periodic travel to our sites in Cleveland, OH and Rosemead, CA.
Direct all aspects of maintaining EHS compliance.
- Conduct audits at each facility to assess their compliance and develop appropriate risk assessments to drive continuous improve plans.
- Prepare an all-inclusive EHS plan for the US business, with methodology, processes, and procedures that are translatable to all support personnel or others who in the future may need to perform these responsibilities.
- Provide updates and progress reports on the continuous improvement plans as requested.
- Direct the local staff to collect necessary EHS data to comply with regulatory requirements. Analyze data to observe trends to maintain compliance.
- Oversee and submit the periodic reports to the designated agency for all applicable health, safety and environmental reporting requirements.
- Facilitates the evaluation of EHS equipment to improve standards within the facilities. Working with engineering, production and local management to suggest improvements in compliance or costs to maintain the necessary standards.
- Monitor yearly compliance requirements for all sites. Submit necessary monitoring data per local air, water, and environmental permits by the required annual date
- Ensure maintenance of the EHS compliance with the diversification and expansion of the business at the three US production facilities.
- Set EHS metrics for each site to be monitored and reported on at various company meetings.
- Monitors appropriate (EHS) legislation and update management team as appropriate.
- Train plant personnel in EHS compliance and associated activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- BS in a technical field; Environmental, Health and Safety Certifications desirable.
- Expertise and experience in Environmental, Health and Safety compliance programs.
- Demonstrated expertise in ISO9001 and 14000.
- 3+ years of experience working in an Environmental, Health and Safety function.
- Experience with Manufacturing Safety programs and initiatives.
- Industrial Manufacturing experience desirable.
- Ability to work with a senior leadership team. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, customers, and vendors/suppliers on environmental issues.
- Personal integrity and able to perform all job responsibilities in an ethical and non-discriminatory manner.
- Ability to retain confidential information.
- Problem solving and reasoning ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, customers, and corporate officials.
- Determination and assertiveness to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to travel to other Paramelt locations as required.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term disability and Long-term disability insurance, 11 Paid Holidays & 401k retirement program. Please forward your resume through the Indeed.com web-site.
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Other types of insurance