At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a part-time Logistics Planner based out of San Diego, CA. As a part-time Logistics Planner at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What You'll get to Do:
As part fo Northrop Grumman's business focus area on Communications, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems provides world-class communications with a range of capabilities spanning from quick reaction/urgent need programs to complex communication integration efforts. Our BACN program is the leading supplier of airborne networks, providing flexible content delivery solutions for C2, ISR, and disaster relief customers worldwide. The Logistics Planner provides material control and spare analysis, supply chain support obsolescence and risk assessment issues primarily for the BACN program out of our San Diego site. This position manages the government's equipment and supply to field sites and works hand-in-hand with engineering, production, procurement, and the OEM(Original Manufacturer).
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze technical data and reports to determine spares and support equipment provisioning requirements.
- Review spare and equipment depletion analysis in order to provide specific recommendations for spare/repair parts and support equipment posturing.
- Manage and control the asset position and allocation of customer inventories and other related Contractor Acquired Property (CAP) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
- Provide technical assistance to existing customer personnel.
- May forecast and manage budget systems as required.
- Consistently monitor inventory and material allocations for accuracy.
- Generate inventory reports on stock usage, location changes, and carcass tracking; including Return Material Authorizations (RMA) and facilitation of Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP) requisitions in support of CONUS and OCONUS operations.
- Identify and manage component H/W configurations.
- Initiate material procurement and manage procurement processing.
- Monitor equipment for DMSMS/Obsolescence issues.
- Coordinate processing of Jurisdiction Classification Requests (JCR) for import/export of equipment IAW United States
- Munitions List (USML) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of experience; 1 years with Masters; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess intermediate Excel skills and be able to make charts, graphs, and tables, including pivot tables.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Must have the ability to analyze data and make informed decisions for next actions.
What We Can Offer You:
- Prior experience with SAP.
- Prior experience with Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP).
- Familiarity with MRP, iBuy Requisitioning and procurement processes.
- Familiarity or experience with Production Planning
- Prior experience with reading and understanding contracts and contractual requirements
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve. Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.