The Shift Supervisor Trainee role is an entry-level, short-term role that prepares an employee to perform a higher-level supervisory role, such as Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor. The Shift Supervisor Trainee performs work as directed in order to prepare for future supervisory responsibilities, completes basic operations and management skills training, and also learns about key aspects of the business (e.g., building customer loyalty through exceptional service) and CVS/pharmacy culture.
Upon successful completion of the training program, Shift Supervisor Trainees are eligible to be considered for promotion to open Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor positions. These key leadership roles support the CVS Store Management team in driving store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/pharmacy through a focus on excellent customer service. When there is no manager onsite, the Operations Supervisor or Shift Supervisor leads the store staff, ensures that store operations run smoothly, and is responsible for ensuring the completion of all opening and closing procedures.
- Work effectively with store management and store crews
- Supervise the store’s crew through assigning, directing and following up of all activities
- Effectively communicate information both to and from store management and crews
2. Customer Service
- Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
- Promote CVS customer service culture. (Greet, offer help, and thank)
- Handle all customer relations issues in accordance with company policy and promote a positive shopping experience for all CVS customers
- Maintain customer/patient confidentiality
Deductive reasoning ability, analytical skills and computer skills. Advanced communication skills. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail