We are assisting a well respected hospital system in North Texas looking to hire a Clinical Pharmacy Manager with current hospital experience. Excellent opportunity with a progressively growing institution in Texas and a great leadership team. This hospital is approximately an hour and a half from the DFW Metroplex.
- Supervises technical support staff that is assigned to this patient group or pharmacist.
- Supervises clinical pharmacy activities designed at promoting pharmaceutical care.
- Guide medication utilization and formulary management reviews for cost-effective therapies
- Guide implementation of clinical initiatives including antimicrobial stewardship, Joint Commission Core Measures compliance, National Patient Safety Goals, reduced readmissions, and others
- Assist in reviewing and improving medication management processes for regulatory compliance and quality improvement
- Assist in critical and emergent care initiatives including codes and working with trauma and stroke committees
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good organizational, interpersonal and computer skills; ability to perform sterile intravenous preparation, oral medication preparation, and accurate documentation associated with each.
- 2 years of current hospital experience required
- PGY1 residency training or 3+ years of clinical pharmacy experience in acute care setting
- PGY2 training or leadership/project management experience strongly preferred
- BCPS certification preferred
- Meditech experience preferred
*No retail Pharmacist will be considered at this time as per hospital request.
*No Pharmacy Technicians will be considered, must be a licensed Pharmacist.
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Program
- PharmD from an ACPE accredited institution required
Call Nathan Diaz at 713.766.4990 x300
Job Type: Full-time
- clinical pharmacy in an acute care setting: 3 years (Required)
- current hospital pharmacy: 2 years (Required)