Perform functions to lead a team within the Resale department and oversee its daily functions relating to Ownership Changes, Billing and Posting of Payments related to the Resale, Posting of Developer Checks, and answering inquiries received by the team. Supervise the daily functions of the assigned team while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods, and personnel. Ensure the goals and needs of the department, company and its customers are consistently met. Ensure conformance with Standard Operating procedures and policy, ensuring all activities within the team is processed into the system in an accurate and timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prioritize, assign, track and check work and monitor quality control of all transactions. Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner. Provide direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns. Track and communicate goals for individual and department performance.
2. Daily maintenance of the Resale inbox. This task involves but is not limited responding to inquiries related to resales from onsite teams, closing agents, realtors, or title agencies in the allotted SLA.
3. Overseeing daily posting of checks received for individual or developer sales.
4. Overseeing daily maintenance of ownership changes received related to the sale or change of a unit.
5. Overseeing all incoming mail related to the Resale department.
6. Obtaining required documentation from closing agents and following up when proper documentation was not received.
7. Assisting in any Pre-Sale activities such as lender forms, questionnaires, and estoppels.
8. Providing data to the manager for the metrics reporting.
9. Reviewing and approving check requests for transfers.
10. Coordinate, oversee and/or deliver training and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines.
11. Manage personnel actions, such as scheduling of time off, tracking absences, handling promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Performance Evaluation process of assigned staff and provide counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
12. Document Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage the communication and compliance of SOP’s within teams.
13. Establish and maintain open communication with internal and external customers relating to accounting policies, practices, and procedures.
14. Identify opportunities to streamline processes to ensure accuracy and timelines and make recommendations to Manager. Identify possible issues, inconsistencies, and suggest appropriate corrective procedures.
15. Ensure all research requests assigned in electronic system are addressed properly and in a timely manner and monitor teams’ queue.
16. Participate in system testing, module maintenance, and trouble shooting. Participate in system implementations.
17. Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff.
18. Maintain all departmental records per the standard operating procedures.
19. Assist Manager with related projects, presentations, reports, correspondence or assignments as requested.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
3. May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
4. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
5. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
6. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Supervise the Accounts Receivable Resale Team.
Education & Experience
Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and three to five years of related supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Strong organization, motivation, leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet design and maintenance, navigating in databases, creating presentations, record keeping and researching the Internet.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit and walk. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves no or minimal travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.