We (IronPlanet) are looking for a contract inspector with proven expertise in construction equipment and trucks to join our network of trained, professional equipment inspectors.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Schedules inspections with the equipment consignor
- Inspects construction, agricultural equipment, heavy highway and construction trucks to report the condition of major components and systems
- Measures undercarriages per guidelines and evaluates tires
- Evaluates the electrical, hydraulic and mechanical components of equipment
- Completes inspection evaluation forms, takes pictures and oil samples, and then forwards completed inspection results to web page report writers
- Be willing to travel as necessary, and possibly stay overnights, depending on volume/locations
Education and Experience Required:
- Five years of heavy equipment and/or heavy truck experience preferably in the repair or operation of diesel equipment (education in lieu of years of experience would be considered on a case by case basis)
- Technical knowledge of construction equipment including operation, component functions and attachment operations
- Working knowledge of computers (Apple IPad ; Windows-based PC computers) and ability to transmit files and photos
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse and take digital photographs
- Ability to climb on and underneath construction equipment, trucks and trailers to perform inspections, take photograph and obtain fluid samples, as necessary
A Few Additional Requirements:
- Reliable transportation. Some travel may be required beyond the local area
- Self-starting and self-reliant
- Know how to take digital photos with IPhone, IPad, Digital Camera, or other devices
- Basic computer skills including how to download pictures, create folders for pictures and burn CD's
- Inspection rates/compensation are competitive
- Reimbursements for travel, lodging, and per-diem expenses will be discussed at the time of the interview.
- In order to be considered, you must email your resume or a work history with contact information. IronPlanet is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Principals only. Recruiters, please "DO NOT" contact us with unsolicited services or offers!
Job Type: Contract