- Immediate Openings – Start Right Away!
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Schedules to meet your availability!
- Referral Program
- Employee Discount at Macy’s AND Bloomingdales
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
As a Beauty advisor, your focus is to support the Beauty needs of our customers to drive sales. Your role is to provide an elevated and seamless customer experience through your expert skills in beauty knowledge, virtual selling, service & recovery. Your goal is to exceed performance metrics. You are focused on customer acquisition and building strong client relationships. You embrace innovation and are comfortable communicating with customers via phone, virtual 1:1 appointment, virtual events and leverage new selling ideas and applications. Provide customer consultation, make-up and product application following all current hygiene standards. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by providing a personalized beauty experience based on individual customer needs
- Provide a high level of service based on customer preference by leveraging product knowledge and providing expert advice to each customer. Offer the customer compelling experiences, opportunities to discover products, and relationships that keep them coming back. Provide outstanding service – whether that be in person, virtually or on the phone
- Drive customer acquisition. Leverage MyClient to nurture client relationships through impactful and personalized outreach. Drive sales through leveraging Macy’s Loyalty Program
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events
- Remain up to date with all training through Beauty Playground. Attend Vendor trainings and virtual trainings as assigned
- Self-motivated to stay current on brand related product knowledge and beauty trends
- Partner with Counter Manager and CSX Manager to identify business driving opportunities
- Meet regularly with your supervisor to discuss your performance, goals and actions
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs)
- Upkeep a clean, safe and inviting environment in alignment with our company provided standards & guidelines
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous cosmetic or fragrance sales experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: One location