At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Operations Support Reliability Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Reliability Engineer based out of Salt Lake City, UT. This position is for a primary Reliability Engineer supporting the manufacture and test of high tech inertial navigation systems and inertial measurement units.
What You'll get to Do:
Product Line Support:
Overhaul & Repair Support:
- Monitor System Test Yields
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering on Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) as well as Improvement initiatives
- Run Systems Failure Review Boards and monthly report-out meetings with factory management
Special Product Line Support:
- Contractual reporting of field failures
- Review of systems for appropriate field failure disposition and rework
- Monitor for trends and initiate RCCA Investigation as appropriate
- Support of Manufacturing Stop Orders to drive resolution and understand impact to product reliability
- White Papers
- Risk/Reliability Assessments or Analysis
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) Dispositions
- Analyze Field Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Reliability requirement reviews and labor estimates for new product proposals
- Statistical Analysis and appropriate sample sizes
- Life testing
- Design of Experiments