Full Job Description
Position: Elder Care Worker
Department: Social Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Information and Program Supervisor
Summary: Provides personal care, homemaker and household chore services for the Elder Care at Home Program.
Agency Summary: Founded in 1966, Self-Help for the Elderly is a community-based organization committed to promoting the independence, dignity, and self-worth of seniors. Each year the agency serves over 40,000 seniors in San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Alameda Counties by providing a comprehensive range of multicultural and multilingual services to empower seniors to help themselves and others. Our vision is to be the premier provider of senior services in the San Francisco Bay Area with a commitment to excellence and achievement. Over 90% of our clients come from low-income minority community.
1. Assists consumers to perform activities of daily living such as bathing, eating, dressing, ambulating or grooming.
2. Prepares meals, washes laundry, shops for groceries, and performs light housework such as cleaning, dusting and vacuuming. Escorts clients to and from medical appointments.
3. Performs heavy housework such as washing windows or cleaning appliances, yard work and sidewalk maintenance.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of Home Health Aide and Housekeeping training required with at least one year of related work experience.
2. Must have interest to work with older adults and disabled adults.
3. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
4. Bilingual in English and Chinese.
5. Must pass health screening for TB clearance.
6. Familiar with different patient transferring techniques. Must pass a strength test for physical fitness for the job: able to lift up to 40lbs
from floor to waist level.
7. First aid and CPR certificates preferred.
8. Must be able to travel via public transportation or personal vehicle for performance of job duties. If driving, must have and maintain a
valid CA driver license, satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance coverage as specified in Self-Help's policy.
Self-Help for the Elderly is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmation Action Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.
Qualified applicants with criminal history will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We may provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 677-7600 for special assistance.