- Sales Experience
- Technical Support
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
Main purpose of job
1. To provide field technical support, includes both advisory and hands-on, for Howden products, striving to be customer
focused, fully responsive, and successful in meeting the 24/7 technical service needs of customers (mostly regional to the
assigned service center or manufacturing facility).
2. Report daily, when not on field assignment, to the assigned regional Howden service center or manufacturing facility to
support in-house manufacturing / assembly. This position supplements existing plant personnel to meet customer needs.
3. Support the sales organization and sales reps in promoting the organization’s products and services and in identifying and
securing new opportunities.
4. When applicable, coordinate / supervise Howden contracted craft labor, technical speciality labor, and equipment while at
site working on assignment.
1. Provide technical support during repair and/or installation, at customers’ sites, of mainly Howden’s equipment to ensure standards are met and the integrity of the equipment is maintained.
2. Ensure safe work practices are followed, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
3. Work to improve Howden’s responsiveness to customers by being available to make sales calls, perform technical walk-downs, and provide solutions to customers that distinguish Howden’s proposals and capabilities.
4. Complete required reports, including Service Reports, Customer Call Reports, Expense Reports and Time Sheets, on a timely basis in order to provide appropriate follow-up to customers including accurate invoicing for services.
5. Suggest improvements to processes and procedures in order to improve customer response time and accuracy of all data.
6. Comply with Department Guidelines and Procedures in order to maintain appropriate standards of service provided to customers.
7. Maintain proficiencies using vibration analysis and laser alignment equipment for balancing, testing, etc.
8. Participate in the effort to provide your organization and Sales Reps with meaningful information, knowledge, and tools in order to support the customer.
9. Continually gather critical site information about Howden installed base, collect information for the Customer Relationship Management [CRM] system and provide information to Sales for additional opportunities; and improve global visibility of Howden in the CRM system.
10. Maintain close working relationships with customers in order to understand the competitive marketplace and suggest plans / programs to leverage that knowledge to offer not only additional or improved services, but also additional products for the benefit of customers and Howden.
Essential skills, knowledge & behaviours
3 years of relevant technical background including millwright, maintenance, engineering, and/or field technical support experience.
A solid understanding of the product/service offerings and customer base.
Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers, employees, and Sales Reps.
High moral and ethical standards; integrity is continuously apparent.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Comfortable navigating the internet.
Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator (both oral and written); proven collaboration skills.
Strong analytical skills.
Comfortable and effective working in the “virtual world”
Experience with servicing highly engineered equipment and products.
Desirable skills, knowledge & behaviours
Some technical schooling towards a degree in a technical area.
Background evidencing positions with increasing responsibility and leadership.
Experience specifying replacement parts for highly engineered equipment and products.
Experience in industrial sales or technical selling.
Troubleshoot vibration, system, and aerodynamic problems in equipment.