DoD Secret Clearance Required
Seeking a wide range of candidates, with all levels of experience, to serve as Systems Administrators for a large Navy support contract. Under close supervision, maintains data files and control procedures for a system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Work will be performed in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Assists in maintaining system security and data integrity.
- Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information.
- Under specific direction, monitors and supports computer processing. Coordinates input, output and file media.
- Distributes output and controls computer operation which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Aids users in accessing and using business systems.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment
- Participates in reviewing performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Systems Administration experience.
- Experience for associate/junior level positions may be earned from work or academic pursuits.
- Experience to include at least Solaris Administration and Oracle VM Administration
- U.S. citizenship (Foreign Nationals must have a CNO-approved waiver)
- Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01-M:
- Security+CE, (or one of the following equivalents: GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- A computing environment certification such as Oracle Solaris Certified System Administrator.
- System Administrators must have a position designation of IT-1, which requires the following in accordance with SECNAVINST M-5510.30 and DODINST 8500.2
- Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices
- Familiar with Oracle Solaris 11 (SPARC)
Education and Experience:
Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and zero to two years of related experience.
Job Type: Full-time