Graphic Designer & Product Photographer - OttLite Technologies Inc.
OttLite Technologies, Inc. is seeking a motivated, creative, detail-oriented full-time Graphic Designer and Product Photographer to join its fast growing team. The Graphic Designer works with the Sales and Creative Services teams to create merchandising, packaging, sales and marketing materials for this fast growing consumer products manufacturer.
- Assist in maintaining professional graphic and brand identity standards
- Update and create new, on-brand packaging for products
- Plan and conduct photo shoots. Photography and photo editing = approximately 50% of workload
- Photo editing of raw photography, clipping images, color corrections, etc.
- Create new, on-brand advertising for print and web
- Design, print and produce physical product packaging mock-ups for planogram testing and for use
- Support the sales team in creating sales material as needed
- Assist in image requests from other departments and retailers
- Produce accurate files for both digital and offset printing
- Review and proof design layouts to check content for accuracy and consistency
*Required Skills and Knowledge
- Positive attitude and adaptive problem solving skills
- Punctuality, time-management, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment is critical
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of design principles including color, layout and composition, is vital
- Ability to work within established brand and identity standards
- Thorough understanding of Typography and Typographic elements
- Knowledge of print production techniques and prepress file preparation
- Demonstrated product photography experience and knowledge of how to operate a DSLR Camera and various lenses for professional product photography
- Working knowledge of photo studio lighting and staging products, scenes, etc.
- Digital photo editing and photo retouching experience
- Familiarity with working in a Mac environment
- Videography and/or video editing skills a plus
- Writing and proofreading skills a plus
- Experience in HTML, CSS, ASPDotNetStorefront, etc. a plus
- 4-year college degree in related field, or commensurate experience
- Minimum 4 years graphic design and photography experience in a professional setting
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), with a working knowledge of Bridge
- Knowledge and experience with photography software (Lightroom, Capture 1, etc)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Local candidates only. No relocation reimbursement.
Applicants moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design & Photography: 4 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 4 years (Required)