As large amounts of data are collected from diverse sources, including social media, images, video, and sensor feeds, extracting patterns and drawing relationships across them can be challenging. You, however, know how to analyze these types of data, allowing analysts to draw conclusions from the patterns in the data and to ask hard questions, which previously there would have been no hope of answering. We’re looking for you, a data scientist, machine learning engineer, and artificial intelligence specialist who knows how to step back and understand the complex relationships between the business needs, the data, and modeling approaches.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to accelerate innovation in artificial intelligence by working with the military to develop innovative solutions that harness the best technologies to process vast amounts of data, for critical mission systems and decision making. You’ll apply knowledge of your particular field of specialization towards the assessment of program concepts, research and development activities, or emerging technologies. As a machine learning engineer, leadership and clients will look to your guidance to help them evaluate technical progress, identify risks, and recommend mitigation activities. You’ll develop and apply the latest innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and related technologies. You’ll lead and support research and development efforts to explore the applicability of emerging machine learning and artificial intelligence methods to address client challenges and identify and prioritize emerging methods and challenges for original research or proof of concepts. You’ll lead and support efforts to identify, shape, capture, and deliver data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence contracts for clients, including the DoD.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 7+ years of experience with analytics, big data, data science, machine learning, or artificial intelligence serving in technical delivery roles, including as a data scientist, developer, architect, engineer, mathematician, statistician, or machine learning specialist
- 5+ years of experience with leading or managing delivery teams, projects, development efforts, or research efforts
- 3+ years of experience with programming, including in machine learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, and MXNET
- 3+ years of experience with business development, client or customer relationship management, or proposal development, including grant application
- Experience with traditional and Agile framework project management approaches and constructs
- Experience with developing effective delivery or research teams, including recruiting, hiring, mentoring, coaching, and managing team members
- Experience with authoring whitepapers, peer-reviewed articles, or other relevant technical content
- Ability to communicate results effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, including presenting to senior executives, industry conferences, technical seminars, or meet-ups
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, CS, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Operations Research
- Experience with machine learning techniques and their application, including deep learning, such as CNN, RNN, or transfer learning, NLP, gradient-boosted trees, Neural Machine Translation (NMT), and reinforcement learning
- Ability to provide a public Github repository, Blog, or Kaggle account showcasing machine learning models developed
- Active Secret or higher clearance
- MS degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field preferred; PhD degree a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.