NASA Johnson Space Center - Houston, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION - Senior Communications Systems Engineer
- Perform Radio Frequency interference and compatibility analysis for Space based communication systems.
- Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links and create link budgets using analytical methods or by applying analysis to simulation tools.
- Perform coordination tasks for RF systems and interface with other NASA centers and federal agencies to resolve interference issues.
- Perform data reductions, analyze and document results for presentation to customers.
- Work with antennas, antenna polarization, power spectral density and spectral roll-off, power flux density, noise density and CCSDS standards.
- Perform analysis using software such as Matlab and Simulink.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS - Senior Communications Systems Engineer
Minimum of Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
Year(s) of Experience:
Minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and nine (9) years direct engineering experience.
Qualifications, Skills and Traits:
- Must have completed Communication Theory course work while attending college if no hands on professional related work experience.
- Knowledge of digital communications, RF system analysis, FEC coding, and communications engineering.
- In depth understanding of communication systems such as phase modulation, spread spectrum, signal detection, signal and interference analysis, baseband filtering, and data formatting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the QTS is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. QTS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. QTS believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.