Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 and GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The primary role of the Field Training Manager is to work closely with the Director of Sales Training and Development to create and lead the development of a sales training strategy, resource requirements, & plan for field execution.
This role will be responsible for the development, guidance, and/or execution of product core curriculum, new hire, and ongoing training to enable the US sales team. In collaboration with functional leaders in Marketing, Medical Affairs, L&D, People Team and IT counterparts you will explore and successfully implement the curricula in various training modalities (e.g., mobile devices, AR/VR, audio, video, interactive experiences, and gamification). You will provide field training programs, as well as conduct needs assessments and on-going field research.
This role will be Field Based/Home Office. Due to different quarantine requirements per state, face to face meetings may be changed to virtual
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
Developing and implementing training plans for the US Sales team meet organizational goals and individual professional needs.
Attend Train the Trainer cirtification trainings and deliver content to the Sales Team
Collecting, evaluating, and identifying training needs for the entire department with Sales Leadership, HR, Marketing, and external resources. Then develop and execute new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
Partner with Regional Sales Directors to deliver a cohesive training system for sales team
Basic Requirements of the Job:
- Plan, coordinate and execute new-hire sales training and ongoing training modules, educational materials, classes, and assessments in coordination with Sales leadership, directing appropriate content creation and matinanance to brand teams, medical, and compliance.
- Coordinate internal presenters, guest trainers, and vendors for sales skills trainings.
- Connect with internal stakeholdersand liaise with vendors regarding instruction and scheduling of workshops.
- Assist in translating national brand plans and tactics into development of message practice, and role play scenarios for semester meetings.
- Contribute to defining and evolving the role of Field Training Manager
- Provide learner feedback to sales management with recommendations for follow-up coaching.
- Training delivery within the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in building training program infrastructure in the oncology space.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to coach, inspire, and also give clear feedback on improvements needed to field account executives.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of documents.
- 5 plus years of experience in one or more of the following areas related to pharma/biotech: Sales, Hospital Systems Account Management, Training and Development
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams to create quality training products
- Demonstrated experience in creating training plans, curricula, and material in various modalities, preferably in the life sciences and/or pharma/biotech industry Sales Leadership or Account Management experience
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage complex projects with resources across functional teams, including vendors Strong analytical, technical and creative problem-solving skills Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
Experience as Sales Force Effectiveness, System management, reporting development and Experience in project definition and analysis
Experience in developing plans and measures, liaising with and engaging cross functional teams.
- Must be an exemplary team player that can work effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to take feedback on field sales needs from reps, RSD's and RD's then help create and implement solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and with a sense of urgency to meet timelines
o Minimum requirement of a Bachelors Degree and 2+ years sales training experience
Remote based with travel required up to 50%-75%
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.