BAE Systems is seeking a skilled Statistician/Data Scientist to support a government customer. Provide statistical and mathematical support in assisting government customer analyze and interpret a wide range of data to help understand and improve customer experience. Ability to leverage a range of data sources (e.g., Web traffic, customer requests for information, survey responses, production databases, etc.) for an understanding of what drives a positive customer experience. Works with various stakeholders to develop business questions and identify the data necessary to analyze and answer those questions.Collaborate across a diverse team of statistician’s/data analysts. Utilizes industry standard communication and visualization tools to visualize and communicate complex quantitative information and analysis to senior executives. Applies business analytics and customer segmentation techniques in any corporate function, e.g. marketing analytics, consumer analytics, operations analysis, human capital analytics, or other relevant fields. Uses data mining for structured and unstructured information to join and explore relationships in disparate data sets. Applies advanced analytics capabilities to derive insights from a combination of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data. Maintains, moves, and manipulates data between applications and across customer Domains, using appropriate software as technology evolves. Strength in collaboration and teamwork within, between, and across organizational boundaries.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Shall possess a certificate and/or Bachelor’s Degree or higher in math or a science related field and/or possess at least 3 years’ of relevant experience
- Superior-level skills with MS Office, data mining, ability to develop, manipulate, and maintain databases.
- Demonstrated experience in COTS statistical software (SPSS, SAS, MatLab etc.), COTS desktop software (MS Office and Access), and the Windows operating environment. Of particular importance is software packages used for advanced statistical analysis of operational data and tools for data visualization.
- Demonstrated experience of the counterterrorism mission needs and data requirements.
- Understanding of Geospatial Policies and data handling restrictions, including cross-domain data movement, and data sharing strategies with IC mission partners and customers.
- Demonstrated experience in training individuals on new systems and functionalities in preparation for operational support
- Demonstrated experience with principal imagery exploitation tools, data used in applications, and data/products output from tool suites.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Demonstrated experience in identifying system enhancement opportunities and new capabilities.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.